Open Banking and PSD2 as a catalyst for new products and customer journeys
Co-creation two-day session where you will: be Inspired; Debate; Design
February 8 and 9, 2018
This co-creation based workshop will explore the risks, opportunities and technical implications of PSD2 and Open Banking.
- We will explore the opportunities to land better customer experiences, new products and quicker experimentation as PSD2 comes into force.
- We will workshop the opportunities and challenges to realizing this potential change and consider how banks meet or exceed regulatory needs and establish a core platform that builds on existing investment, adding flexibility to meet future change, growth and partnership opportunities.
- Finally, we will co-create using design lead thinking to get you started, starting with the business opportunity, we will; step through to the high level technical building blocks and actionable APIs that Microsoft has created with Accenture and Avanade, accessible via a sandbox.
Day 1 - February 8, 2018
09:00 - 09:30 | Arrival and light breakfast
09:30 - 09:40 | Welcome & Introduction + setup Day 1 and Day 2
09:40 - 10:00 | The future of banking 3 visions
10:00 - 10:20 | Customer case: RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland)
10:20 - 10:40 | Best practices from the market:
10:20 - 10:40 | Vision and plans for Open Banking at Millenium BCP
10:40 - 11:00 | Developments in Open Banking standards and solutions
10:40 - 11:00 | Open Vector
11:00 - 11:20 | Break
11:20 - 11:40 | Accenture:
11:20 - 11:40 | The key models for monetisation emerging in Open Banking
11:40 - 12:00 | The anatomy of a transformation.
11:40 - 12:00 | A case study of transformation to an Open Bank
12:00 - 12:20 | The role of the marketplace in Open Banking
12:20 - 13:00 | Lunch
13:00 - 15:30 | 5 Roundtables of 30 mins each
15:30 - 16:00 | Break
16:00 - 16:30 | Wrap-up Day 1 sessions and plans for Day 2
16:30 - 18:00 | Financial Services and Innovative Technology:
16:30 - 18:00 | Briefing centre tour: Cognitive Services, Artificial Intelligence,
16:30 - 18:00 | Mixed Reality (during drink)
16:30 - 18:00 | Drink & Appetizers
Day 2 - February 9, 2018
09:00 - 09:30 | Arrival and light breakfast
09:30 - 09:45 | Wrap-up Day 1 and Intro to Day 2 (+ move to break-out rooms)
10:00 - 12:00 | Breakout design lead session:
10:00 - 12:00 | Co-create new customer journeys
12:00 - 13:00 | Report back from 3 groups , wrap up and feedback
13:00 - 14:00 | Lunch and depart
›› Who should attendThese workshops are intended for senior business executives from Retail, Private, Commercial banking that want to get hands on and work through rapid experimentation with peers supported by key exponents from Microsoft, Accenture and Avanade. You absolutely do not need to be technical to attend.
›› Featured speakers
Head of Applied Technologies
Alan works for the Innovation & Solutions team at RBS and leads the bank's drive around implementing leading edge technologies. That is technologies that are transitioning from an “emerging status” into use at scale. Examples being APIs, Open Banking and Artificial Intelligence. He leads the team that has produced RBS's BlueBank initiative and more recently focused on PFM (Personal Financial Management) and exploiting the power of PaaS to accelerate technology adoption. He is also responsible for RBS’s AI efforts and his team has built Chatbots that externally support our retail customers and internally help our staff in domains like HR and Workplace services.”
Deputy Manager in the Marketing Department
(Cards, Payments and Self-banking Unit)
- Deputy Manager in the Marketing Department (Cards, Payments and Self-banking Unit)
- Responsible for Business and Marketing in Millennium bcp regarding the partnership with The Western Union Company.
- Coordinator in the PSD2 in the Project Office and Responsible for the SEPA Project/Subsequent developments in Millennium bcp, with responsibilities at the level of Project Manager, Innovation on the strategic planning and implementation levels on a multi-country perspective to prepare the launching of SEPA.
- The responsibilities also include, the representation of the Portuguese Banking Community and Millennium bcp in several forums related to payment systems and transaction banking: the European Payments Council and the Euro Banking Association.
- Chairman of the EBA Criptotechnologies Working Group (as of September 2015).
- Chairman of the EBA Supply Chain Working Group (2014-2015)
- Member of the Scheme Evolution and Maintenance Working Group of the European Payments Council (as of January 2015).
- Member of the Instant Payments Task Force at the European Payments Council.
- Chairman of the sub-group of payment risk manangment experts.
Jose Vicente also worked abroad and in the International Division of Millennium bcp, with management responsibilities in several business areas, such as Corporate Financing, Treasury, Credit Risk Analysis, Central Bank Reporting, Fiduciary Services for Banks and Companies, and Operations and Payments Division.
Founder and MD
(Previously Head of Data Standards for the Open Banking Implementation Entity)
Head of Marketplace and Fintech
Digital and Open Banking Lead
Richard Peers Microsoft WW Retail, Private, Wealth Banking Industry team lead
Mohan Naidu Avanade EMEA Architect Open Banking
Steve Butcher Microsoft Financial Services Digital